SHOPPING IN MILAN
Dal centralissimo Hotel Ambasciatori i negozi di Milano sono a pochi passi: Via Montenapoleone, Piazza San Babila e la Galleria del Corso con le sue boutique
The Hotel Ambasciatori is located very near the exclusive shopping boulevard of Via Montenapoleone and consequently is the ideal hotel choice if you are coming to Milan to do some shopping. Via Montenapoleone is undoubtedly the most exclusive shopping street in the world and the Hotel Ambasciatori Milan is located so near to Via Montenapoleone that you can walk there in just 10 minutes.
- Made in Italy - Guarantee of unsurpassed quality from the designer outlets and best shopping in Italy - Via Montenapoleone located near the Hotel Ambasciatori Milan
In the exclusive shopping boutiques of Via Montenapoleone every shopper is assured that their purchase is of the highest quality. Italian designers are very proud of the Made in Italy trademark and as a consequence some of the finest shopping in Milan can be found within walking distance of the Hotel Ambasciatori in the near by Via Montenapoleone shopping boulevard. For directions on how to walk to Via Montenapoleone from Hotel Ambasciatori please ask our concierge. Piazza San Babila and the Via del Corso also contain some of the best shopping in Milan and the prices are much more agreeable than in the exclusive street of Via Montenapoleone.
- Fashion Week Milan - Milano Moda
Twice a year Milan is host to two of the biggest and most important fashion shows in the world. These are called "fashion week" and the first is usually held the last week of February and contains all the latest woman's fashion collections for the Summer. The second is held in the last week of September and first week of October and exhibits the New Woman's Winter Fashion Collecionts. Milano Moda as it is known turns the eyes of the world on Milan and as a consequence it is very difficult to find good quality accommodation during this period. If you are coming to Milan for Milano Moda Donna or Fashion Week then please book early as otherwise you may find yourself paying over the odds or even staying outside the city. Please see our reservations and on line booking for information on how to make a secure reservation at Hotel Ambasciatori Milan.
- Shopping in Milan - Shopping Tips
• Via Montenapoleone although near the Hotel Ambasciatori Milan is expensive and is only really frequented by the rich and famous. By all means do some window shopping but shop around before making a purchase.
• La Rinascente department store is only 200 metres from the Hotel Ambasciatori. La Rinascente is Italy's equivalent to Harrods and the prices reflect this. Nevertheless it is a huge store and oozes style and is very relaxing - definately worth a visit.
• The Via del Corso is very near the Hotel Ambasciatori - it is the street adjacent to the Hotel Ambasciatori - and contains some excellent shopping and bustling cafes and bars where you can take a well deserved break from shopping. The Via del Corso is completely pedestrianised so no noisy scooters or traffic will disturb your shopping spree in Milan.
• The sales in Milan are excellent value for money - please see the concierge for more information regarding when the sales are on.
• Shops close on a Monday morning and tend not to open again until 15:00. Indeed some shops just remain completely closed on a Monday.